Wednesday, June 18, 2008

home?

I'm sitting in my bed, in my boxers and t-shirt, in my lovely cluttered room, staring out at the oh so familiar view of the park and lamp post. But it still doesn't feel like home. I don't really know where my home is now. It's difficult to describe exactly how it feels to be here. I feel somehow incomplete, and sometimes I think I felt more at home in my dorm room in Winchester than I do right now in my own room of 6 years with my family sleeping in the rooms around me. But I don't think it's my room's fault. I feel like I've somehow betrayed it. I've gone away and changed and now that I return, we no longer fit together perfectly anymore. If I feel like my room is judging me for changing. If my room judges me, I can't imagine how I'll feel when I start seeing people and hanging out with friends again. And I'm scared.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Well...I for one am excited to see pics and hear lots of stories!
Seriously though...change is good...you are simply molding into yourself...embrace it and love every minute of it!