Monday, March 2, 2009

stuff

It's been a rough couple of weeks in the blog world. Not only has my brain gone numb, but every other blog I follow has been on creative overdrive. Congrats to every one else scoring home runs while I'm on the bleachers looking clueless. My problem isn't necessarily having nothing to write about, I just don't really have anything lovely to write about. I have no photos to upload, no crafts to display, no progress to speak of in any department. I've just got nothing in the inspiring category to say. I want to write about everything else. I don't want to dress it up, I don't want to make it pretty, I just want to blurt out the random loose-ends of ideas wrestling about in my head.

Somedays the bathroom closest to my office reeks like fish. Sometimes the ventilation just doesn't work in there, and throughout the day it gets more and more humid. One time, I walked in and the heavy, moist air smelled so strongly of salty, fishy, crappiness that I could actually taste it on my tongue. I almost gagged. Oh, and while were on the subject, today I turned in a story for my creative writing class about this one time I had to go #2 out in the middle of a field in a village in India. One of my finest moments, I know. And I am so sick of the Jonas Brothers. I know nothing about them, I don't even know a single song they sing, but I still dislike them. Today was one of those days I really wanted to go through seminary--not to be a pastor, just to learn everything I can. I finally bought Master & Commander this past weekend, watched it, and really want to watch it again. I just do not get sick of that movie. Why haven't more people seen it? I love it. I have spent the last hour trying to write a paper on technology and the pros and cons society faces by accepting all advances wholeheartedly, and all I have written on my page is, "Technology duh duh duh." Brilliant. I will surely win an award for this masterpiece.

All the blogs I read are so witty and cutesy, I just can't keep up. And it seems all I know how to write about is crap, literally. So here you go. 


5 comments:

bethany said...

Oh, Danielle. I love this "crap" blog. :) It's realistic and fun. Not everything has to be wrapped up in a pretty little package. Sometimes it's nice to have the package already opened for you...so you can walk right up and know exactly what you're getting. You're talented. You don't need to wrap it up in ribbons and bows, my friend.

Would it be an appropriate place for me to mention that the bathroom in my office smells TERRIBLE everyday and it makes me crabby/want to go on a rampage about public toileting etiquette? Maybe not. But...there it is.

Sorry you're feeling uninspired...but know that from out here, you don't look it in the least!

bethany said...

And also...the Jonas brothers look like street rats.

Pastor G. said...

Ha Ha, three cheers for Indian "bathrooms." As long as we're on the topic of bathrooms at work. My office at church is very close to the girls bathroom for the school. One day the K-3 girls were lying on the floor in the hallway outside of the bathroom, so I got them to knock that off only to find out that they went to lie on the floor IN THE BATHROOM. One 4th grade girl walked in and said "Eeew, sometimes there's pee on the floor." Ha ha...oh I hope I never outgrow bathroom humor.

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

Danielle,

This is blog speaks to me heart. I also suffer from lack of posting creativity and cutsieness...but I love your blog because it's so open (and funny!)

Bathroom stories from India are indeed the best. It reminds me of when I was there and out of TP. I was not quite ready to go "India Natural" with a bucket and water...so I used the decorative crepe paper I had packed for an art project at the orphange. Yeah, that's right...the stuff that's get run down tables at tacky weddings and potlucks! Great TP substitute!