Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I can't believe how long of a hiatus I took from the blog world.

And it's not that I had nothing to say. Quite the reverse. I have been practically exploding with vents and rants and thinks and brilliant ideas (for sure). But for some reason, I haven't been able to write. And it's been incredibly frustrating.

So hopefully this means I'm back?

Since my last blog...
  • Mom spent two weeks in the hospital waiting out double pneumonia, and I realize the true extent of my own wimpiness when I feel faint watching my mom get her blood pressure taken.
  • Family vacation to Mexico is cancelled so mom can recover which allows me to help Zach direct the God's Kids Bible Camp coming up in July.
    Selfish shout out: If anyone out there is a lifeguard and wants to help at camp, please speak now or forever hold your peace--otherwise I'm signed up for lifeguard classes this weekend and next week so that we can have the needed amount of lifesavers at camp.
    Second selfish shout out: If you are a NURSE and you're reading this and want to help with camp, please also let me know. Sorry, I know, I'm shameless.
  • Early American Autobiographies isn't as dreadful as I anticipated. I almost don't mind spending every weekday morning of my summer vacation in a classroom talking about dead Puritans.
  • Most thrilling to me: I'm excited about the Church again (and yes, I mean the big Church and not any specific congregation). Over the past couple months I've felt like God reached down from heaven with soul CPR and gave my spirit a much needed jumpstart. I feel inspired by everything--I haven't felt this motivated toward Church work since high school. Praise God. I'm guessing I'll talk about that more later.

That's all for now. But I'll be back soon. I promise.

Until then, for all you nerds out there, enjoy this...

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2008/02/3-year-old-expl/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope your mom is doing better! She is in my prayers!

Andrea Jean said...

LOVED the link you posted! That little girl is just too cute! I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing better! And welcome back to the blog world. =)

bethany said...

Welcome back...we've missed you! :)