Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two thousand ten

Would I come across as sounding too eccentric if I said that I am so happy to no longer be living in an odd numbered year? A sigh of relief for even numbers--even years are always better.

As a blogger, January is my favorite month of the year. Yes, I do love to make up resolutions with blind optimism and page through the best memories from the previous year. But the real treat is when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences releases the Reminder List for voting members and I can get my hands on this complete list of movies released in 2009. Nerdy as it sounds, I like to go through this quite comprehensive index and list the movies I had the chance to see as well as the movies I wish I would have made time for. So, blog fans, expect to see some more posts in the near future about the films of 2009.

And really, January wouldn't be complete without resolutions. Do I remember them by the end of the year? Heck no. But do I have fun making them? You BET I do!

Really, the only real "resolutions" I have this year are directly related to blogging. Last year, I believe I said I wanted to commit to writing an entry once a week? Well, I think that was such a good idea that I'm going to say it again this year--one entry per week, minimum.

Second, I've toyed with the idea of posting some film reviews on this blog, but I never actually got up the gumption to do it. I'd like to try to write a brief review or even a few comments about each movie I see this year (or at least the newer releases).

So there you have it. May God bless my and everyone else's resolutions.

3 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I totally concur when it comes to even years vrs. odd numbered years! In my book so far '06 and '08 were amazing so I have high expectations for this year. =)

(btw... we met once at the Birthday Ball in Alma Center in '08)

Amanda said...

Yes you are weird for being weird about odd numbers...are you even going to show up to my wedding on

5.15?

Am looking forward to your reviews. Makes me think that you and I need to see movies more often.

Mary Ellen said...

...wait, unless you're a different Danielle! lol =S
Oh well... anyway, happy new year. ;)