Sunday, March 2, 2008

My new talent

So if I've learned one thing so far on this semester abroad about myself, it is that I am a master in the skill of acquiring crap. Seriously, I should get some sort of award. I've only been here for a month and already my dorm room, which I share with no one, is full. Full of crap. I don't even know how that happened. The first weekend I was here, it felt so empty and bare. I had a suitcase and a backpack, and everything unpacked hung neatly in my closet or sat peacefully on my bookshelf or folded just right in my drawer, allowing me to slide the empty suitcases under my bed. Perfect, right? Well now, my desk, my bookshelves, the top of my bookshelf, my entire bulletin board, the top of my dresser, and my floor are significantly covered with stuff. I don't even know where to begin in the sorting process. And I don't have any good method for organizing--no desk drawers, no handy boxes, no little compartments, so things mostly sit in stacks and random piles all over the place. I've been saving my bottles to clean out and cut the tops off to use for pencil containers and such, but it actually just makes everything look trashier instead of more organized. Seriously, what is my problem? How did this happen? How do things populate so quickly? Unbelievable. Anyways, room inspections are tomorrow so I've got to get back to the whole cleaning/tidying up process, but just thought I'd vent for a moment, about myself, and my talent for gathering crap. Cheers.

No comments: