Friday, March 7, 2008

Yay Friday Five

I watched the film High Fidelity for the first time last night (oh John Cusack), and am now extremely inspired to create a top five list (if you haven't seen it, the characters in this movie are making top five lists constantly, mostly about music).

So, in the spirit of High Fidelity, my (CURRENT) top five favorite albums...

Little explanation... I do not in any way claim to be very knowledgeable about music, so there are obviously many outstanding albums out there that I have never heard before, or have heard too recently to be sure about. The albums listed below are those CDs that I not only find outstanding, but more importantly for one reason or another cannot get sick of. I've listened to them countless times and still love them. These are NOT the top five best albums out there, simply the five I can't get enough of.

5. Mae's The Everglow
4. Relient K's MmHmm
3. Matchbox Twenty's More than You Think You Are
2. Death Cab for Cutie's Transatlanticism
1. Brand New's The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me

Honorable mentions: The Best of Simon & Garfunkel, Ok Go's Oh No (too soon), Brand New's Your Favourite Weapon and Deja Entendu, Avril Lavigne's Under My Skin (can't believe I'm admitting that), and Jimmy Eat World's Futures and many more

Wow, that was painful. So many beautiful things to leave off. =(

1 comment:

Superiorly Inferior said...

You have extremely good taste in music, young lady. i most definitely approve. keep up the blogging. you've got at least one reader and i'm sure many more.