Friday, May 9, 2008

I guess I miss some things

Yes, yes, I know. My semester here is quickly coming to an end. But please, I'm sort of in denial here, so let's pretend I still have a lot of time here in Winchester.

But while I wait for The Office to download so I can watch the latest episode, I think I'll make a list of some of the stuff I do miss about good old Wisconsin. I'm not going to include my family, my friends, my church, MY CAT, etc, because that's automatic... sort of on a different level. Here are the little things I miss that make me not so sad to leave England:

1. Vault Zero. Mmmm, the refreshing taste with a lovely caffeine kick. I've been having to drink Diet Coke way too much lately.
2. Family Video. Oh how I miss hopping in my mini-van and cruising down the street to Family Video at 11:30 pm to rent some $1 movies for the night. It's been really tricky to watch movies here, since the only place we can really rent them is the limited selection at the campus library.
3. The fact that things are open late. There is something comforting (yet semi-disturbing) about the fact that at any time in Eau Claire, I could buy food. Or go shopping. Or whatever. Here, most stores close at about 6 and the only place in town that serves food after 11:30 pm is the kebab shop out by the train station (heh I was just there last night, delicious chips and cheese).
4. Taco Bell. Or Burrachos. Or Chipotle. Basically, I've had no Mexican food since I arrived. Sadness.
5. Sharing a bathroom with only one other person (Emily) instead of sharing one toilet with about 6.
6. Being able to wear sweatpants outside of my dorm room without feeling well awkward and stared at. I wonder what would happen if I went into town here in my pajamas.... scandalous.

No comments: