Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Five

So, I'm copying Amanda's blog this Friday and joining in on the five question Friday. Don't hate me. I'm just trying to be cool.



1. Did you have a favorite blanket or toy as a kid? If so, do you still have it?

Yes, technically I did have a blanket. However, I never developed incredibly strong feelings toward it. It was just something I felt I was supposed to have in my possession as a child, you know, according to popular culture. I apparently was concerned about being a hip toddler. 


What I did form strong attachments to, much to the despair of my parents, were stuffed animals. Multiple stuffed animals. So many that my parents put shelves in my room to house the stuffed animals so they didn't overcrowd my bed. And yes, I must admit, a select few are still in my bed. I thought I was prepared to part with them (for storage) when I moved out, but then I watched Toy Story 3 and that just left me an emotional wreck and now I have no clue what I'm going to do!



2. Do you dream in color?

Oh do I. I dream often and I dream vividly. Usually, I dream so deeply that I find a way to convince myself that the alarm sounds I'm hearing are simply some element of the dream. This is how I manage to be late to school and church most days. Sometimes I dream about conversations, and days later, I can't remember if those talks were real or not. I've had to ask people whether or not we have actually had certain conversations. But it's worth it. I love to dream. 



3. How tall are you? Do you wish you were shorter or taller?

I am five feet and five inches. It's a good height for more things. Unfortunately, it is not a good height for giving my boyfriend a hug. Seriously, if I was an inch or two shorter or taller, things would be perfect. But as it is, I'm pretty cool with my height.



4. If you could have anyone's (celeb or other) voice as the guide on your GPS, who would it be?

Ooh, ooh, I know this one. It would probably be Stephen Fry. Lately I've been listening to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book-on-cd, narrated by Stephen Fry, and since then, when I talk through things in my head, his voice is usually the voice I hear. Hmmm, I see people running away, maybe I should stop talking about the voices in my head? Done.

Runner ups include James Earl Jones (who wouldn't want Darth Vader commanding your vehicle?), Alan Rickman (only if he also added a very dry and sarcastic commentary), and Liz Lemon. Yes, I know that last one is fictional, but I know she wouldn't condemn me for my frequent fast-food stops on road trips. 



5. Do you return your shopping cart to the corral or leave it wherever in the parking lot?

Unless it's raining and 3 am in the Walmart parking lot, I always return the shopping cart to the corral. I worked at a grocery store for about four years--I know how fun it is to chase down stray carts.

No comments: