Saturday, September 4, 2010

Reel Love: Titanic


In the weekend edition of Reel Love, I review a popular movie I have never seen. First up: “Titanic.”

TITANIC (1997)

When the credits rolled, all I could think was OH MY, that just happened.

(Well, that, and “I have to use the bathroom, because that movie was so long I had to stop halfway and put in ‘Cassette 2.’”)

Now, in my opinion, there are primarily two types of movies that will cause that reaction.

There are those that are just so well-crafted, so ingenious, or so astoundingly original that you just have to sit in awe for minutes after the final frames to soak it all in.

And then there are those that try so hard, invoke so many emotions, are filled with such adrenaline, and are just so gosh-darn earnest that you can’t help being moved.

Read the rest online at www.spectatornews.com.

No comments: