Thursday, December 27, 2007

watch out for the icy patch

Christmas came and went, with just the right blend of Luke 2, long distance phone calls to grandparents, and Charlie Brown. I got my usual new underwear and socks from my mom and new pajamas from Mary Katherine, although this was probably the first year I didn't get a new toothbrush in my stocking (honestly Santa, I'm hurt). I even got to watch the beginning of the Muppet Christmas special twice ("Watch out the for icy patch!"). We really get into the Christmas movies here, but Elf is the recent favorite--it seems like every other line out of my family's mouth is a line from the movie Elf:
Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS! (Ginormous is also my mom's new favorite word that she skillfully fits into all conversations.)
What's a Christmas-gram? I want one!
I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite.
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.


My sister and I found this shirt online for my mom--of course, she loved it. The gift exchanges all went well too (lobster a success), so overall it was a blessed and joyful Christmas.

No comments: