Monday, January 28, 2008

on a rainy monday

It's finally starting to sink in that I'm leaving for England this Friday... and that I'm not coming back until June. Crazy. It's been planned for so long that I've accepted it without really giving it too much thought. But now that suddenly I have just a few days left sleeping in my bed, in this house, in this country, it's all sinking it. Yikes!
I will miss my sister's graduation, my friend's wedding, an entire rugby season, and so many other things. I think that is what's getting to me and making me feel a little panicked--I'm cool with leaving so soon, I just keep forgetting how long I'll actually be there. I'm not too worried about getting homesick though... but I will miss my cat.

Tonight I went out to eat with my ILHS classmates as a sort of goodbye thing. My lovely friends Dani and Amanda bought me an umbrella (perfect for England!), a photo album, and a box of "international" chocolates. Oh, and today was also significant because I finally bought my backpack for Europe--one of those big backpacking backpacks that makes me want to go climb a mountain or something outdoorsy. I can't wait to start packing.

Side note... today it rained. I love the rain, especially after so much snow. Rain makes the whole world so much more enchanting, especially the misty rain that's settling in on Eau Claire right now. Oh beautiful. Thanks God.

1 comment:

Libby said...

I can see how you would be freaked on some level by leaving Eau Claire's regularly scheduled programming for a hefty chunk o' time. I'm not gonna get a chance to see you until this summer (whoa...)so I'll take this opportunity to wish you luck and hope that this experience carves another couple facets on the already sparkling Danielle diamond.