Friday, January 9, 2009

Best/Worst of 2008 - Cinematic Special



I'm still not done processing 2008, so if you'll allow a few more blog entries to reminisce over the year that just ended, I'd be very appreciative.

Note: When I say "best" or "worst," please automatically substitute "in my own opinion, which is often wrong, I considered this the best or worst, or I enjoyed this the most or least." Thanks.

Best movies >> I saw 25 of the 281 films released in 2008 (list taken from the eligible films of 2008 list found on the Academy Awards page). Of those 25, these were my favorites.

  • SON OF RAMBOW
  • WALL-E
  • THE DARK KNIGHT
  • BE KIND REWIND
  • FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL
  • PINEAPPLE EXPRESS
  • IRON MAN
  • DOUBT
  • IN BRUGES** (could not finish, but I really liked the first half)
Worst >> There weren't really too many movies I hated. Although, if I had to pick the two that annoyed me the most, it'd have to be GET SMART and DEFINITELY, MAYBE

Biggest Disappointments >> AUSTRALIA

Movies I Regret Not Seeing (or not being able to see, thanks to Eau Claire theatres) >>
  • SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK
  • THE WRESTLER
  • RACHEL GETTING MARRIED
  • SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE (but hey, this is coming to London Theatres on January 23!)
  • HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • FROST/NIXON
  • GHOST TOWN
  • MILK
  • HUNGER
  • THE READER

Anything I missed? Any challenges?

4 comments:

Kevin said...

I definitely recommend The Wrestler...even if I wasn't a wrestling fan, it was a decent movie.

Andrea Jean said...

Milk is showing in Spokane! I think you should come and watch it. Heck, I'd even go with you! =)

I miss you and love you!

bethany said...

I've been really wanting to see Slumdog Millionaire...glad to hear it's coming our way! :)

Laura said...

Hmmm...yes, those pictures are a little creepy. My fave of the year (sad, but true) was WALL-E. How cute! And not as political (or depressing) as I thought it would be.