Thursday, January 1, 2009

auld lang syne

Well look at that, it's 2009. Hooray for us.

In order to hold myself more accountable, my goals this year will be clear and concise. Rather than the vague 'let's do more of this or that' I want some specific, measurable things I can work toward. So, at the risk of embarrassing myself again, here I go...

1. Wear my retainer at least one day per week.
2. Write a journal entry at least once per week. I used to write all the time as a kid, and my journals from my childhood are probably some of my most valued possessions. I don't like the fact that over the past few years, I've really slacked off and have little record of what I was up to or, more importantly, how I was feeling.
3. Write a blog entry at least once a week. My motivation for this resolution is similar to my reasons for keeping a journal. However, because there is the possibility of others reading my blog entries, I do write in a more self-conscious manner and pay closer attention to elements like wording and tone. If I do want to be a real writer some day, it's good for me to practice as often as possible. =)
4. Spend at least a solid ten minutes a day in devotion with God. This means praying, reading the Bible, etc. How sad it is that I have to try so hard to make this happen, and that I fail so often.

So, there they are, my "resolutions" for this year. =) We'll see what happens...

No comments: