Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the most wonderful time of the year

The next Eau Claire public library's book sale is next weekend, and I can't wait. Library book sales are truly AWESOME events.

I have been buying books since I was old enough to spend money. Every Sunday on the way home from church I would beg my parents to stop at Borders, and if we did stop, I almost always left with a purchase. Every year for my birthday I would ask for the same thing from my grandparents: gift cards to Borders. I didn't want clothes, I didn't want toys, I didn't want anything fancy (except perhaps the latest Oregon Trail computer game), I just wanted the next book in the Redwall series or one of the few Roald Dahl books I was still missing. Yes I know--total nerd. But I love it.

And even though I've accumulated more books than I have space for or time for, I can't help feeling called to buy more. After all, it's for a good cause, right? Supporting the library? I just want to give those books a good home... is that so wrong? =)

I wonder if the library will let the money I spend at the book sale go toward paying off my current account balance of $22.70 in unpaid fines and bills...


2 comments:

Janie said...

Can I come? When is it?

Kevin said...

I love book sales! and yay for Oregon Trail!