Friday, September 12, 2008

blog brain

For some reason, the recent lack of blogs leaking from my brain has got me down. When I can't write, as in, I just can't seem to produce words, it makes me incredibly sad. And when I simply don't write, I get itchy. I get restless. I get distracted. It's like there's too many ideas clogging up my brain, and I need to fish a few out to make everything a little clearer. Give the other thoughts still in there some room to grow.

It's not that I haven't been inspired by anything lately. Not at all. I've come to observe that I think in blogs, if that makes sense. Something I observe or learn strikes me as profound or ironic, and immediately that single thought expands and grows within my brain, gradually taking shape. Usually I will be obsessed with some theme or thought for days or weeks at a time, rehearsing it over and over in my head, until I have an entire sermon ready to be written. And these topics, these blogs, gather in my brain like burdens until I can finally publish them, either on this blog or in a more private format.

These past few weeks at least half a dozen such thoughts have been stagnating in my brain, waiting for me to finally put them to words. So like I said, it's not that I haven't had content, it's just that I simply haven't had the time or state of mind to sit down and write. How sad.

I want to write again, and more often, and I'm going to. I'm determined.

I feel much better already.

No comments: